We all spent a lot of time “promoting” our blogs isn’t it?
You comment on other blogs, you pass on links, you join forums, answer questions there, go for link exchanges and what not?
It all makes sense when someone whom you actually targeted really visits your blog and grabs your feed/click an ad. That is the ultimate goal.
Well, sometimes it leads to fatigue, when the ratio gets fat.
That is when the ratio of “Time you spent for promoting” gets larger than “Number of people actually visiting your blog”.
Normally, it should be large, but the boring part is when it gets too large. You touch failure and feels that whatever you’ve done was a waste of time.
Now, out of experience, let me give you one sure shot tip for making someone visit your blog.
This could be anyone – anyone that you wish. You select the target, and I’ll tell you how to prey on him.
This is how it goes.
- Write a pretty good article. As always, I insist that you write good quality articles and any let down here will spoil the whole show.
- Now, trim and tie the article beautifully, make it really impressive.
- Now find appropriate lines in the article, which you think can be used to link to your target blogger.
- Let this not be his name or his blog name.(see reason below)
- Let it be some relevant text. For example – “I totally disagree with MY TARGET when he says that”.You can use your creativity to make the text look really interesting. I leave it to you.
- Use the entire line to link to the target’s blog.
- After you’ve published the article, make sure that you visit the target’s blog clicking on the link.
That should be it. Now, the trap is something like this.
- You click the link and follow the targets blog.
- Target who is watching his referral stats like a hawk, notices your link.
- He thinks that its an interesting link because of the anchor text(the whole text line) in it, while others used his name to link.
- Decides to check your site.
- Since you have a great article, he probably grabs your feed/comment on the blog.
Why should you not use the blog name or the author name?
Everyone does it, in order to stand out in the referral stats, you need to add the whole text. It’s up to you to make it as distinct and attractive as possible.
How can you be so sure that the target will visit your blog?
Think about it. If you were in his place, would you not?