The last Google Page Rank update just got over almost two months ago (September end). For all those who weren’t able to get a better jump in Page Rank and who fell back, the upcoming update could be positive if you start gearing up right now.
We are unable to determine when the page rank update will be, but my guess is that it might be sometime soon around December –Jan mid. Even if it is delayed, the point is that the time is right for us to do the necessary steps to gear up towards the next page rank update.
If we can pull up our socks and do a crash course, it might be well worth the effort.
Meanwhile, let me also tell you that Page Rank is not as significant it used to be for getting higher ranks, but if you want to get in to the “authority club”, this is the time.
So what is it that you can do now ?
- Write an extra ordinary social media targeted “list article” and promote it yourself or by hiring a power user. The idea is to get maximum backlinks.
- Find out all the broken links on your site using the webmasters tool and fix them.
- Find out all those unnecessary links and get rid of them
- Blog consistently during this time
- Create a good XML sitemap
- Get some one way incoming links
- Clean up your backend code and tighten up the loose ends
- Make all the page titles unique and add relevant meta info, get rid of all the spam.
- Try to interlink as many stories as possible with relevant keywords
- Use Noindex, Nofollow tags to disallow crawling of tag pages and duplicate entries
- Shorten up all the articles on the homepage with excerpts
- Add relevant ALT tags and rename the files if possible with relevant keywords (never spam)
- Consider adding title attributes to all on page links is possible. At least pages and articles.
- Email your link partners/providers and ask them to tweak the anchor text to something more relevant.
- Make sure each incoming link anchor text is not based on a pattern and there is clear difference in them
- Ask people linking to you to use proper title attributes to your links, if possible the keyword you are targeting.
- Contact high authority blogs in your niche and request for guest blogging with high quality articles. In return request them backlinks to your blog with proper anchor texts.
- Find some non-spammy dofollow comment blogs and start commenting regularly and meaning fully (means no funny usernames and one-word/smiley comments).
Well, I think the idea is very evident. To gather as many quality backlinks as possible, well in advance before the update. And also, tweak and clean up all the mess on the site right now, like broken links and indexing issues.
Start working today, and while the next update is on, hopefully, you’ll see some positive updates.